It's almost spring, which means that it's only a few more weeks after that till summer. So hello bikinis, shorts and bearing your skin! To get you and your skin summer ready just follow our summer skin beauty tips below.
1. Time to change it up - Switch the hot showers for cooler ones to stop dehydrating your skin. Change from a creamy winter cleanser to a lighter foam based one, as this will stop building up excess oils. Also, use a hydrating facial mist throughout the day which will hydrate your face without the drying effects of tap water, chlorine and salt water.
2. Exfoliation - Start to fix up those tough spots that have developed over winter like your elbows, knees, ankles and feet. By exfoliating you are also removing sunscreen, oil and dirt that builds up on warm days. Exfoliation removes dead skin, increases circulation, treats cellulite and kick starts detox action. Tip: Use a hand mitt and shower gel, or for sensitive skin use a natural bristle brush and do light strokes towards your heart.
3. Get active - Building your muscle strength and toning that body will give your body a better overall glow. Kickstart your body with walking, running or any other cardio to work up a strength and get that body activated.
4. Pamper yourself - Yes, we said it ladies. Time to start pampering yourself! Book yourself in for monthly facials as this will help boost your skincare over summer, giving it a little extra TLC. It's also a great time to start prepping your body for hair removal, start now so you're good to go come summer!
5. Oil it up - Oils are a great way to add a little extra hydration for your body. Either by soaking in some body oils in a bathe, or by adding them to the shower. You will notice the extra softness of your skin when you dry off. Oils also boost the glow in your skin and a great when used after exfoliation. Tip: Add sweet almond oil with a few drops of essential oils such as lavender to your shower or bath.
6. Slap on the sunscreen - Make sure you are following those childhood principals; slip, slop, slap. Making sure you use an SPF 15-30 sunscreen everyday is a great way to protect your skin. On the face, make sure you put it underneath your makeup and then re-apply throughout the day and for your body target the key areas such as exposed shoulders, décolletage, arms and legs.
7. Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise - Probably the most obvious, which sums up all the other points, is to moisturise. Your body and face will need extra moister added to it after long days spent in the sun. When it's extra dry, add a body butter and drink more water!
Sources: Body+Soul, Marie Claire, Webmd, photo borrowed heaven.